Transfer to Second Year from Another McMaster Program
This information is for McMaster students in another program who are interested in transferring to the second year of the business program (Commerce II).
The commerce program can only accept a limited number of students each year. To be considered, you must meet the following criteria.
- You must have completed 24 – 30 units during the fall and winter semesters (September to April). Spring / summer courses do not count.
- Your cumulative average (CA) must be at least 6.0 (C+). (This doesn’t guarantee admission though.)
- You must have completed the following courses:
- Economics 1B03
- Economics 1BB3
- Commerce 1AA3
- Commerce 1BA3
- 3 units from:
- Math 1M03
- Math 1A03
- Math 1LS3
- Math 1X03
- Math 1ZA3
- 3 units from:
- Math 1F03, if you did not receive credit in Ontario high school Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) or the equivalent
- Math 1K03 (with a grade of at least B-), if you did not receive credit in Ontario high school Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) or the equivalent
- Stats 1L03, if you did not receive credit in Ontario high school Mathematics of Data Management U (MDM4U) or the equivalent
- First priority will be given to students who have not failed, repeated, and/or upgraded any university course(s).
If you do not qualify for a transfer you may want to consider a minor in business. The academic advisors for your current program will be able to provide you with more information.
The deadline to apply for a transfer from another McMaster program is April 30.
If you are currently registered in a McMaster program, you can apply for an internal transfer in Mosaic during the Program Selection period in March.
You will be notified of our decision on your grade report at the end of May.
If your transfer to Commerce II is accepted, you may be eligible for up to 42 units of transfer credit (maximum).