The Integrated Business and Humanities (IBH) Program is designed to produce Canada’s next generation of business leaders. You can learn more here.
The BCom Program at DeGroote helps students develop a solid understanding of business functions and relationships. Students can focus on one of the following subject areas, or choose courses from a variety of disciplines.
- Human resources
- Information systems
- Operations management
- Strategic management
Students can choose between the Commerce program and the Honours Commerce program. Students in these programs who qualify can also take advantage of internship opportunities.
- Four-year program.
- Leads to the Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) degree.
- Provides the essential grounding in business subjects while giving students the opportunity to broaden their horizons by taking social science, humanities and science courses as well.
Honours Commerce Program
- Four-year program.
- Leads to the Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Honours BCom) degree.
- Provides substantial opportunity for concentration in business subjects, beyond the essentials.
Students who successfully complete their program will graduate with either a Bachelor of Commerce or an Honours Bachelor of Commerce degree. There are no specialized majors.
DeGroote also offers minors for students in other faculties. For more information about each minor, please refer to the Academic Calendar:
- Minor in Accounting and Financial Management Services
- Minor in Finance
- Minor in Information Systems
- Specialized Minor in Commerce for Students Completing a Single Honours B.A. in Humanities
Applications for Specialty Minors for Fall 2023 admission are now open. Students should apply through this form before April 30th.
Please note: Approved minors appear on your transcript but are not included on your diploma.
Need help with registration or other academic issues?
Visit our help page to see answers to frequently asked questions or to get in touch with a member of our team.
Integrated Business and Humanities
The Integrated Business and Humanities (IBH) program is designed to produce Canada’s next generation of business leaders.