High School Students
The BCom Program at DeGroote helps students develop a solid understanding of business functions and relationships. Students can focus on business subjects or choose courses from a variety of disciplines. The Integrated Business and Humanities (IBH) Program is designed to produce Canada’s next generation of business leaders.
For information about McMaster University, visit our Future Students webpage.
Requirements for Canadian and international high school students can be found on McMaster’s admission requirements page. It provides lists of required courses, anticipated grade cutoffs, and more.
- Application deadline for Fall 2023 admission: January 12, 2023.
- Supplemental application: February 1, 2023.
- Supporting documentation: April 1, 2023. Submit new, available grades immediately as available.
- English proficiency (if applicable): April 1, 2023.
Current Students – Internal Transfers
If you are currently attending McMaster University and are interested in transferring to the Commerce program, please refer to the following website(s) for specific details and requirements.
- Transferring from another McMaster program to Business I (first year)
- Transferring from another McMaster program to Honours Commerce II (second year)
- Important Level II Program Selection Dates and Information
Seats are limited. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Students are ranked based on completed courses and their cumulative GPA at the end of the Winter term.
Please note that we are unable to provide academic advising appointments for non-commerce students.
Register now for one of our information sessions.
If you are interested in transferring to the Commerce program from another college or university, please see the information below:
Transferring from McMaster Continuing Education (CCE)
Students completing this one-year program may receive up to 24 units of transfer credit and will be considered for admissions to Business I (first year). To be eligible for consideration, you must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 70% (B-). Individual transfer credits will only be given for courses with a final grade of 70% (B-) or higher.
Students completing this program may receive up to 18 units of transfer credit and will be considered for admissions to Business I (first year). Students must be aware of the following criteria:
- The certificate must be completed with an overall average of 70% (B-) or higher;
- A grade of 70% (B-) or higher must be obtained in each course that is to be used for advanced standing;
- Only courses completed within the last 5 years will be considered for advanced standing;
- Students with a failing grade will not be admissible to Business I (even if they repeat the course).
Transferring from another university
If you have attended another university but not completed your degree, you may be eligible to transfer to McMaster. Students require a minimum cumulative GPA of 90% (A+) to be considered for transfer to Business I or Honours Commerce (Level II). For additional information, please visit this website.
Transferring after completing a college program
1. For students who completed a minimum two-year college program, please visit this website. Students require a minimum GPA of 90% (A+) to be considered for transfer.
2. Graduates of Mohawk’s Business Administration Advanced Diploma with a weighted GPA of 77% (B+) are eligible to apply for Commerce Program at McMaster.
- Completion of MHF4U, MCV4U, or recognized equivalents, is required.
- Eligible graduates will receive 60 credits towards the degree and must complete an additional 60 credits as specified by McMaster.
For more information about the Mohawk Pathway Program, please contact Admissions, Office of the Registrar, via their website. They provide both in-person and online services.